International offers unpaid professional work experience placements in a range of UK-based companies.|
An internship in the UK enables you to:
- gain practical work experience
- develop an awareness of UK business culture
- enable foreign students to practise and improve their language skills
- learn and develop business and professional skills in a real work situation
- improve your future employment prospects
International guarantees to:
- match each applicant's career goals and requirements to the most appropriate company
- ensure you are provided by the company with a well-planned work programme
- arrange for a personal internship 'supervisor' within the company who will provide advice, monitor your progress and regularly review the work programme with you
- make regular contact with both you and the company during the placement to monitor satisfaction levels with the programme
- conduct a survey at the end of the placement with both you and the company
- ensure that you are provided with an internship reference from the company
University of Cambridge Vocational Certificate
Kaplan is accredited by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. This will enable candidates who meet the criteria to obtain an internationally recognised certificate of work experience on successful completion of the internship programme.
International offers placements in a wide range of companies from small enterprises to multi-national corporations in London, Dublin and Edinburgh.
We are also able to offer paid placements in the Hotel & Catering Industry in Bournemouth.
All companies are inspected to ensure compliance with British Health and Safety standards in the workplace.
Fields of work experience
International will make every effort to match each applicant's particular skills, requirements and preferred vocational area. You can choose from a variety of vocational areas including:
- Galleries and Museums
- Accounting and Finance
- Computing and IT
- Hotel & Catering
- Office Administration
- Travel and Tourism
Length of Work Experience programme
Internships are generally available from 4 to 24 weeks. Longer periods can also be arranged.
Most internships are unpaid. Companies will usually contribute towards transport and/or lunch expenses.
- minimum age 18 years old
- upper intermediate level of English or above (Cambridge First Certificate level or above)
- university under graduate or post graduate students
- mature, confident and outgoing personality
- reliable, hard-working and motivated
- European Union (EU) nationals can work full-time (no work permit required)